- Adhesives & Sealants
- Air Tools & Fittings
- Fluid Power Fittings & Accessories
- General Engineering & Hardware
- Hand Tools
- Hose & Tube
- Hydraulic Control
- Maintenance & Lubrication
- Power Transmission
- Power, Cutting Tools & Abrasives
- Storage & Material Handling
- Welding, Brazing, Soldering
CBC - Eddy Current Induction Heaters - EDDYTHERM� from Pr�ftechnik
EDDYTHERM® from Prüftechnik
Fast, easy, reliable - the logical approach to shrink fitting
CBC is the sole authorised Australian distributor of Prüftechnik Eddytherm® Eddy Current Induction Heaters. Eddytherm® units are available for hire or sale and are backed by a locally based service and repair agency.
Eddytherm® Eddy Current Induction Heaters are used for the safe and reliable shrink-fitting of ball and roller bearings, couplings and connectors, gears and shaft spacers.
Shrink-fit technology uses the expansion and contraction properties of metal to enable smaller shafts to carry the same torsion moment as larger keyed ones.
The fitting of bearings using eddy current induction heating is the recommended method for fitting bearings with interference fits by all major bearing manufacturers worldwide.
Prüftechnik Eddytherm® units can be used for fitting bearings from 1kg to 4,000kg in mass with bores ranging from 15mm to 600mm.
The advantages of proper induction heating using Eddytherm® are:-
- Proper fitting - workpieces are heated evenly, with no danger of overheating. Bearing prelubrication remains in place, and the bearing remains free of contamination and physical damage.
- Environmentally friendly and energy efficient - induction heating requires minimal energy to fit bearings and produces no vapour, smoke or used oil.
- Portability - workpieces may be mounted on site very quickly with little set-up required.
- Safety - only workpieces become hot: no accidents due to hot oil, hot plates or open flames.
- Demagnetisation - workpieces are automatically demagnetized at the end of every heating cycle with no residual magnetism to collect debris.
- The life of roller bearings is potentially extended due to the reduced risk of fitting errors.